How we recycle 95% of your waste
Skips are fantastic for clearing out clutter and debris, but what happens to all that waste after you’ve filled one up? At David Brown Skip Hire, we’re passionate about responsible waste disposal, and that means recycling a massive 95% of the waste we collect. Only 5% ends up in landfills, making us a champion for sustainability in the skip hire industry.
But how do we achieve such a high recycling rate?
It all starts with sorting. Once your skip is collected, it’s transported to our yard where it is emptied into our dedicated waste transfer station. Here, our team of experts initially remove all larger items for separate disposal. Then they sort the remaining waste into different categories and send to the relevant recycling facility.
- Paper and cardboard: These are easily recycled into new paper products like boxes and packaging.
- Plastic: Different types of plastic require different recycling processes, and we send plastics to a dedicated facility, that turns them into everything from plastic bottles to clothing.
- Metal: Scrap metal is a valuable resource, and is made into new construction materials, appliances, and even car parts.
- Glass: Glass bottles and jars can be crushed and melted down to create new ones, closing the loop on the glass recycling cycle.
- Wood: Waste wood can be chipped and used for biomass energy production or composted to enrich soil.
- Rubble, concrete and hardcore is crushed and used for base gravel.
- Garden waste can be mulched and used as fertiliser.
Unfortunately, some electrical items cannot be recycled such as toasters, cameras and hair straighteners, and are taken to a different facility to be disposed of correctly.
The Benefits of Recycling Your Waste with Us
By choosing David Brown Skip Hire, you’re not just decluttering your property; you’re making a positive impact on the environment. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Reduced landfill waste: Landfills are a major source of pollution. By recycling your waste, you’re helping to conserve valuable landfill space and protect our planet.
- Conserved resources: Recycling existing materials reduces the need for new materials, which means fewer trees cut down, less water used, and less energy consumed.
- Cleaner environment: Recycling helps to create a cleaner and healthier environment for everyone.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our website for more information on our recycling practices and to book your skip today call 07802 843100.